Thursday, December 9, 2010

New Lower Control Arms!

On Sunday I took the Bullitt Mustang up to Gainesville, Georgia to meet one of the most well-known DeLorean vendors in the business - Byrne Heninger. I've decided to completely replace the Lower Control Arms (LCAs) in the DeLorean's front suspension as they are rusting and are a failure-prone part anyway. Wasn't sure how I would recognize Mr. Heninger's operation. It didn't take long to figure it out...


The new LCAs are markedly heavier than the OEM versions! Mr. Heninger coats them in bulletproof POR-15 Black paint and has German ball joints and frame pivot bushings already pressed in. Can't wait to get these on 6239, but there's a lot more work to do first.


I have some concerns about the sway bar bushings provided as the inner sleeves appear to be too long, but hopefully with a little innovation, I can work around that...

No comments:

Post a Comment