Thursday, October 14, 2010

"This is truly amazing...A portable television studio."

Yes, friends. With those words, Christopher Lloyd (a.k.a. Doc Brown) assured history that some obsolete technology would never go quietly into the night. In this case he was referring to the JVC GR-C1U VideoMovie camcorder. Used by Marty McFly to film Doc's first Time Travel experiment as well as the moments just before his death by Libyans, this camera has become a Holy Grail item for Back to the Future fans like the DeLorean DMC-12.
Well, I finally found one and it arrived on my doorstep today in a massive metal and industrial plastic case!  I opened the case with the resounding click of metal brackets and found...
That's VHS-C baby! Plus there's still a tape inside that I can't get out because the batteries aren't charged...and the battery has "Police" and a number carved on the back...Could be some interesting stuff on that old VHS-C tape...
Note the classy faux-leather cheek rest on the reverse side. The viewfinder is detachable as well. This camera was first class, ladies and gentlemen. Too bad it's missing the carrying handle...
Did I mention it has a remote! How many 1980s camcorders had those?! I'm also loving the RF-Unit, UHF to TV adapter - Nice.  Brings back the memories...

Finally there was one more item waiting for me in the mailbox tonight...

No comments:

Post a Comment