Monday, April 9, 2012

The end is in sight!

After a scare with the car not starting after we reassembled the intake manifold, I was able to "isolate" the problem to the sparkplug wires and a bad RPM relay. Not sure how much of that I broke in the process, but oh well. Fellow DMC owner Nullset helped me diagnose the problems and reseat the wires. I ended

Yesterday, Joe and I changed the transmission fluid with a little ingenuity extending the funnel with a piece from a crappy fluid pump. The old fluid absolutely stank and was filthy. I was glad to be rid of it.

We added the new front marker lights, changed the luggage compartment cable and spring, then proceeded to reattach the rear fascia and closing panel, which turned into an ordeal. The closing panel had to be loosened up significantly to accommodate the fascia, and in the process we broke a hole on the panel that was under pressure from a fascia stud. Whoops. looks like it will be ok though.

With any luck, I will have the DeLorean back on the ground tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment