Sunday, January 8, 2012

Coolant Flushed! Now I can wait five years before doing it again!

Took me the better part of the entire weekend, but I managed to flush and replace the coolant in the DeLorean. The process was messy and nerve-wracking. While I was working on it, I installed DMC Northwest's excellent cooling system air bleeder kit that was a real benefit when it came time to burp the system of the excess air.

There was a small amount of rusty sediment in the reservoir bottle, so I removed it and flushed it off the car. The real problem was flushing the system with water as it ended up all over my garage floor. I couldn't let the antifreeze into the storm drains, so I had to clean it up and bottle it.

What's next? Fan relays, new belts, otterstat testing and those engine mounts...Hurts my head thinking about that.





No comments:

Post a Comment