Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Shades of Gray - Frame Refurbish Continues

Tonight Melinda and I worked on the third coat of paint in the cramped lower control arm channels of the frame. I'm hoping the area will be sufficiently coated by Saturday when the front suspension rebuild begins. The Spax Shocks from England should be arriving any day now and then I can get 6239 back on her tires.

In the meantime, the painting continued with a coat of Rustoleum Stops Rust in Gloss Gray. The area is extremely small and out of the way, making it nearly impossible to get the spray can to coat the area evenly as it cannot fit into the space. I have given up on even application and decided to err on the side of total coverage.


The result looks like it will be a good repair to the area on both sides.



I also took a few minutes hitting the rubber boots and bushings in the front suspension with rubber preservation lubricant I acquired through PJ Grady. A few minutes maintaining those parts might save me a lot of headaches later, and it was a simple spray, soak and walk away process.


In some final news, I snagged another Back to the Future camera! Yep, a second JVC GR-C1U. Thankfully this one had the carrying handle with the proper knob on the top. This will take a place in the DeLorean during displays for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment